Rehearsal Recording - Todd is Free

Thanks for listening, Jet. Hope you’re finding more time for music. Always appreciate your input.
I said it was a rehearsal recording, but I didn’t say it wasn’t edited! Bass, drums, and percussion had no edits, but I did fix an occasional mistake in the guitar (that guy is barely reliable) and the keyboard. But for the most part a very clean take, so that made it “serviceable”.

Todd was free from a terrible marriage at the time… but now we dedicate it to his short and sometimes difficult life.

I’m thinking the guitar is always too loud, but isn’t that as it should be!?!

Thanks for listening, Scab. I used to say that playing music with others was my second favorite thing to do in the whole world. Now I say it’s my first favorite thing! I do feel so fortunate that I met up with these guys and that we are once in a while able to put up a sustained run of rehearsals of some of the crap I wrote.

It’s a home run.

Felix

It’s pretty much perfect, if you ask me. early21, always reliable :sunglasses:

Regarding the panning: even listening over phones, the panning for me is fine. As I’m sure you know, most of the time people will not be seated in a critical listening position such that left to right means all that much, so I think it’s just fine. Have you heard of LCR mixing? If not, google it, everybody’s doing it…and what you’ve done here basically uses the same approach, so… :sunglasses:

Oh, and about the Les Paul… I don’t quite get the adverse reactions to it. To me it’s perfect, because Les Paul himself invented the f***er specifically FOR Hawaiian music, and this, although more Reggae, has those Hawaiian bends and inflections on it

early – you’re Canadian, right? Where abouts do you live again?

Hey, thanks for giving it a listen, Felix.

Thanks, Twilightsong. I was actually thinking in terms of LCR to give it some width when listening on speakers. It’s not strictly LCR, but pretty wide. Just a question of choice, I guess. I think a strat might be a better choice, but this day I was playing the LP, and I think it’s sounding ok. And I am a US citizen, not Canadian!