Hello! I went to run LoopMash and it couldn’t find sound files. It gave me about 30-40 error pop ups for all the different files it couldn’t find. I have searched the drives and can’t find the files it’s asking about so think I need to reinstall. In PadShop it won’t load any new sounds - it just plays the same generic sort of sound no matter what patch I select. I think I caused these problems when I moved vstsounds from the C drive to the F drive. I have had the Media Bay scan the target folders and also had opened Library Manager in the folder to scan, but it doesn’t seem to be helping.
I have 10.5 Pro running on a Windows 10 box and I would like to reload LoopMash, PadShop, Rretrologue and maybe others with sound files installed to a particular location that I define since I don’t put vstsounds or samples on the C drive.
Can somebody help? Thank you
PS: In case it helps the error I get is The error I get says, “The soundfile could not be found: vstsound//F6ADB(NOTE THERE ARE A TON OF LETTERS HERE)/AudioFiles/120bpm-NDA 009.wav”. I looked for a file called 120 bpm-NDA009.wav and I also searched for 120bpm but no luck.
You have to use the “Library Manager” to move the files…
but it is possible to register the new locations
Thanks for the quick response st10ss! I actually did go into the Library Manager and move files and found I even had to rescan to make the associated instruments appear inside of Halion Sonic SE as part of the exercise. In other words, I used the Library Manager, opened Halion Sonic SE, couldn’t see the instruments where I normally did. I opened one of the vstsound files with Library Manager and a little bar (I think green) went by as it scanned the new folders. Then, I could actually see the instruments in HSSE again. All that said, I am pretty sure I am the root cause of this problem for LoopMash, Retrologue, PadShop, etc. even though I am not sure what I did wrong.
At this point, I don’t know how to restore those programs so am looking to see how I could reinstall them and also select where the sound files go. I couldn’t find them in Download Assistant and don’t want to reload 10.5 if at all possible.
I shutdown Cubase again, selected a deity, then prayed mightily and guess what - it is working now for no reason other than shutting down and restarting Cubase once more. After subjecting me to an anxiety attack, I think the Cubase gods decided to smile favorably on us, no doubt driven by the empathic link st10ss generated while helping me. And for that I am grateful - thank you st100ss for all the direct and indirect help!