Cubase 9.0.30 64-bit; Windows 10 64-bit
Intel i7-6700 3.40GHz; 16GB RAM
- Set two track faders to 0dB.
- Link the two tracks, not using a VCA fader.
- Use ‘Alt’ modifier key to set one fader at a lower offset relative to the other.
- Turn the higher linked fader down to minimum.
- Bring the same fader back up.
The offset between the faders is lost and now both faders raise identically to the same level.
I have tried this with Audio and VST Rack Instrument outputs and both are showing the same behaviour. If the lower fader is turned to minimum and raised again then the relative difference is preserved, but if the higher fader is turned to minimum and then raised the offset is destroyed.