Remove "harsch sound"?

Here it is for 99usd,
It sounds as if its a good piece of software, maybe there is a trial?

https://www.uaudio.com/uad-plugins/mastering/bx-refinement.html

You sound very sure of your self, maybe your right. But people do describe the massenburg exactly in the way I do, it does not cause distortion. And they think its better then the cheaper ones because of this. Maybe they are wrong. Do you havea link to the messsure studies you are reffering to? It could save me some money!

https://musictech.com/reviews/plug-ins/massenburg-designworks-mdweq6/

You donā€™t need to buy UAD, where itā€™s a native version straight from Brainworx for $29 right now (with code ANY-2999-1) or 19.99 or so on other sales

1 Like

Thanx! I will buy that, that pricerange is within my budget without to much consideration.

1 Like

I dont see this reduced price on brainworx homepage?

https://www.brainworx.audio/products/brainworx/bx-refinement.html

First, why donā€™t you download the demo and try it?

As Anton said above, you should be able to use ā€œANY-2999-1ā€ in the ā€œuse voucherā€ box to get it for 29.99. promotion expires 11:59 on 8/17ā€¦

Once you put in the code in the use voucher box, enter and you should see the final price of 29.99 then proceed with the purchase.

1 Like

But if you look on their site they re-direct you to plugaliance if you want to buy this? I dont see the possibility to buy this on their site? Sorry if I am ignorant.

Edit: I see now that you can use a voucher on plug alliance, I guess thats what you mean?

yes, just go to PA store and use the code

If there are people claiming that a linear EQ causes distortion, they should provide proof of that. A linear EQ that doesnā€™t do some kind of preamp simulation does not cause distortion. At least not what is commonly referred to as distortion, namely generating upper harmonics. You can easily test that yourself by feeding the EQ a sine wave sweep and put a frequency analyzer after it.

Iā€™m not in the camp of ā€œall digital equalizers sound the sameā€, because implementations differ, although I think that the differences are more on the subtle side and you can get good results with any EQ if you know what you are doing. To say it bluntly: if you give your song to a really good mix engineer, the result will be dramatically better than if you or I mix it with the most expensive tools availableā€¦
And I still think that the mdweq is grossly overpriced, compared to say other renowned EQ plugins like Nova or Crave.

Hmā€¦ maybe I am a super-mixer? You dont know that? Joking, I am a novice.
Do you claim that the rewiev is BS, that they just spit out words?
Maybe they are, I have not seen any meassuring test.
But many claim that this is a good EQ, even the best. They know more than I do.
Distortion is wrong, corrupted, changed signal is maybe better.
I tried Frequency on the guitar with the parameters suggested in this discussion and its good.

Here I have the guitar with Frequency witha drop at 3,91k, its actually 2 guitars with one octave between them, it sounds more full I think. The choirs have less deesser and sounds good. I also included some horns in the verse, I like horns. The guitars starts the solo, this seemed more interesting.
Edit: A better Mix