remove smacking noises

I have installed the trial version and am trying to remove the smacking noises. Is this possible with SpectraLayer and how does it work? Thanks for your help.

Not sure about what you mean by smacking. Could you upload a SpectraLayers spectrogram image of the audio?

I think he’s talking about vocal throat and jaw clicks and spit.

I typically just do this by hand with the eraser tool

there are disturbing noises with high frequency, generally audible as smacking noises.

This is a standard waveform view, could you show us within SpectraLayers how it looks ?
SpectraLayers shows a spectrogram instead of a waveform, it provides much more meaningful information about the audio.

The sounds are difficult for me to locate.
Before the singing there are smackin

g noises (the singer also moves the sheet of music).

You can try to change your settings in the “Display” section (upper right) for “Min/Max Amplitude” to lower volumes (I mainly work with -150dB to -24dB). You can also try to view the spectrum in “Composite View”, with a multi-colored Color Map. These things combined give me a better view of the spectrum with much more detail and contrast. And of course you can change the “FFT Size”, shorter FFT-windows may be more suitable to find short higher-frequency clicks or other errors, even more when you set the “Frequency Scale” to “Linear”.

Thanks a lot for your help (Laturec and other people).
Now the picture looks a bit different. The smacking sounds appear as a clear vertical line.

IMO, a good way to remove those bright vertical sounds is to use the Clone Stamp tool. Use the Clone Stamp’s width/height fields to approximate the size of the unwanted ‘noise’ and have the hardness setting at or near 100%, then copy the an area just adjacent to the noise and paste it over the noise. If you haven’t used the Clone Stamp before, you’ll need to click on the Pick Source button (top LH of the task bar) each time before selecting the area to be copied. Some of the noise instances are wider, so you’ll need to adjust the Clone Stamp’s width for those instances.

There are some quirks that make the process easier as you get used to the Clone Stamp process over time, but the above is the straightforward approach without complicating it.

Ctrl-Z can be used to undo and ‘edit’ - and the History window on the RH side of the screen is useful for back-tracking as well.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for all your help. I have taken a step forward. But it still needs work…
Greetings from Zuerich

if you hold shift while using the eraser tool, it erases from your first click in a straight line to your second click.