Remove some noise from mp3 file

Hi! I’ve got some unwanted sounds/noise on my mp3 backing track, witch I want to turn down. The searched for tutorials and tries every button in Cubase (elements 12), still I am not able to fix it. See attached picture. Anyone kind to help?

Range tool and insert silence

Hi there and welcome to the forums!

Noise reduction can be accomplished in a number of ways. There are many dedicated noise reduction plugins on the market such as the ubiquitous RX by iZotope.

From the tools available in Cubase Elements, I would try the Noise Gate that can be found in the channel strip or the Gate plugin that can be place in an insert slot of your Audio Track.

Place cuts and delete the section you don’t want (preferably at zero crossings). Use the event fade in and out, if necessary. That’s the easiest way I can think of. Otherwise, you might want to investigate volume automation. Or, you could lower the newly cut event’s gain directly with the top handle. Or … so many different ways to go about things …

If it’s really the section you show, I would probably just cut it out.

By the way, do you have your waveform zoom slider maxed out? Those are some fat sausages :thinking: .