Remove Steinberg's default Track Presets?

Yep, if you run 64bit, x86 is not the right path.

Is this them? C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\VST Sound*.vstsound

If you drop one (I suggest the smallest!) into Notepad and search for e.g. “Bass”, is that not settings data?

Perhaps it should but I don’t have that folder. But see previous post.

Why not just disable indexing of the \Factory Content\Track Presets\ dir through the mediabay?
That way it won’t be loaded into the mediabay database.

And for what it’s worth. The Factory Content track presets are stored in the *.vstsound files here: C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 6\VST Sound\ or C:\Program Files(x86)\Steinberg\Cubase 6\VST Sound
Beware, these files contain all Factory Content Presets.

That’s them Crotchety! So, you have the folder and files but I don’t on my system . . . weird!?! :[

That worked beautifully!! Thanks Niles :] It’s also much snappier now without all those presets!!

Now that I’ve cleared out the Media Bay I may actually load my loops into it and use it!! :]

UPDATE: Unfortunately, as soon as I exit and re-start Cubase the default presets and sounds return :[ Checked the Media Bay and yep; everything’s checked again! Nice one Steinberg, what’s the point in that?? I tried this several times but each time I re-start Cubase re-loads all the default ‘crap’ . .

Ahh, so the presets are embedded in those *.vstsound files? I’m gonna try removing those files temporarily *crosses fingers . . .

UPDATE: Factory Content still present :[ This stuff just refuses to die!!!

Can’t think of anything I’m doing wrong here?

This is me attempting to remove the factory junk:

Which works until I exit and re-start Cubase. At which point I’m straight back to:

I tried removing all the *.vstsound files from “\Cubase 6\Vst Sound” and get this message on Cubase start, plus another 4 messages for the other 4 *.vstsound files that I removed:

At which point I choose ignore (didn’t want to press remove yet) and upon entering the Media Bay I see this:

Obviously something’s missing but there’s still a lot of stuff I want gone. The folders ‘Pattern Banks’, ‘Track Presets’ and ‘VST3 Presets’ under ‘Factory Content’ are gone . .

However, when I choose to “Add Track Using Track Preset” I still get almost a thousand results . . to be exact it’s gone from 2,438 to 971 presets (only about 18 of which are mine) . . . I guess the rest is all Groove Agent and Halion stuff?

Any Ideas Niles? Or anyone else? Ideally choosing to not index stuff in the Media Bay per Niles’ suggestion and having that actually work is preferable to manually deleting individual files . . but I’m desperate, so I’ll try anything!

Thanks guys! :]

You are right, I’m afraid the result is the same here. However I did manage to keep the track presets folder excluded from within Mediabay. Strangely enough other factory content is re-indexed again after Cubase is restarted.

It just doesn’t work the way it should work, a folder with a deactivated checkbox should always be excluded from the scan.

I haven’t tried, trashing and rebuilding the complete Mediabay database, maybe that solves something.

Yes this is still broken in Cubase pro8 , Mediabay changes restore back when cubase is closed.

I deleted those .vstsound files because i really wanted the content track presets gone.
Now they are gone (or atleast some) but i get these ignore messages which i have to check everytime i start cubase. I get really pro feeling but atleast they are gone.

This is 2 years old thread , if somebody hears this : Do something please

Update:

Sorry i must be tired , i now clicked the remove button and cubase pro8 no more asks for those presets.

Great :ugeek:

I would like to remove these annoying default presets from my cubase library as well, have managed to remove everything except for the “factory content” folder. I cannot figure out where they are located on my drive though. this is quite ridiculous that we cannot simply uncheck the content, and have cubase remember that we don’t want it selected! I don’t want your generic presets!