Removing a key symbol?

See attachment. I imported this MusicXML file from my DAW, and my DAW had written in a key signature of C Major at m1. Well, in Dorico, in Write mode, it shows up faintly in red at m1. How do I get rid of it? I don’t want it there.

I would google or search for it, but I don’t know what it’s called. It’s not a key signature, but it represents the key signature.

I checked the properties panel; no way to hide it. I tried clicking it and hitting delete; it does nothing.
Screen Shot 2020-08-31 at 4.44.52 PM.png

It’s a signpost to let you know you’re in C major, and it is indeed a key signature. You can hide it from View > Signposts if you wish, but it won’t print so it’s harmless.

The only key signatures that show signposts are C major and A minor, on account of the fact that these are the only key signatures that don’t put accidentals on the page. Dorico has to show you that a key signature exists, somehow, or you wouldn’t be able to select or delete it.

Just to add that if you have transposing instruments in your score, there is a difference between “C major” and “atonal” (which is the default if no key signature is specified).

“C major” will create the corresponding key signatures for transposing instruments (e.g. two sharps for a clarinet in B flat) but “atonal” will not.

You could delete it simply by selecting it and hitting Delete, but after reading the first part of this post you might not want to do that!

If you couldn’t delete it, were you in Write mode? You can’t delete things in Engrave mode.

Thank you. Now that I know it’s called a “signpost” I’ll know how to manipulate it in the future!