Removing clef from Coda part

Hello dear fellow Doricians,
I hope you are all doing well before the holidays! :slight_smile:
I need some help.

1. By default when Coda is applied, Dorico splits the Coda part from the main by adding a gap, then
    the clef and the key signature are re-entered. Just like on the screenshot below:

2. I was able to join the Coda part to the main staff by using the Engraving Options.

3. Also I found a workaround in order to remove the key signature by inserting A minor / C major as key signature for the Coda, and then hiding the note accidentals.
    Check the screenshot below:

4. The only thing that I can’t figure out, is how to remove the bass clef from the Coda part (enclosed in red on the screenshot above).

I will be very thankful if someone could give me an idea how remove the F clef from the Coda part. :slight_smile:

• By default Dorico doesn’t allow me to select the clef, so I can’t use the scaling feature.
  • The “Invisible Clef” works, but unfortunately it can be applied only for treble clef.

Best wishes,
Thurisaz :slight_smile:

I don’t know the answer to your query but is it worth just removing the Coda altogether and enter the Coda indication using System Text?

1 Like

Hi @DanielMuzMurray,
Thank you for the suggestion! :slight_smile:
It will work only for score sheet, but in case I need to export audio, or midi, this method doesn’t work.
The playback doesn’t respect the system text.
There should be an easy way to make such changes…

Thank you once again! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

1 Like

One last suggestion: could you just add a real coda when you want to export? (And then undo)

Yes, Daniel, I can do that. :slight_smile:
But this is an additional workaround, which I’m trying to skip.
Actually I already exported the midi yesterday.
Just I would like to do the things without too many workarounds. :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz

1 Like

I wanted to see if an Invisible Bass Clef could be added, and it can! Here’s a doricolib file that adds the Invisible Bass Clef option. In Windows it should be placed in C:\Users\yournamehere\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Dorico 4\DefaultLibraryAdditions.

InvisibleBassClef.zip (962 Bytes)

You’ll have to add it from the side panel instead of the popover but it works fine!

LH

4 Likes

Hi @FredGUnn,
Just marvelous! :slight_smile:
Thank you very much for the solution!
Actually I was thinking if such solution is possible, or not?! Unfortunately I don’t know where the clef related information is stored.
Now everything looks as I needed! :slight_smile:

Best wishes,

1 Like