Removing old Cubase programes

Hello all,

Not being a computer expert, I wanted to know if I can safely remove any earlier Cubase programes from my computer?

Thanks in advance!

Jim B

Sure, you can.

Greetings.

Thanks WR,

Last stupid question from me then, do I just find and delete all the earlier files and folders (prior to Cubase 7)?

Is it really as simple as that?

Thanks again,

Jim B

No. You have to Uninstall it. I don’t know how to do it in Windows 8, sorry. But in W7 you should go to “Start” → “All Programs” → Steinberg Cubase 6 (e.g.) → Uninstall. Or you could do it in the Control Panel.

Cheers.

Thanks again WR,

I’ll get this done this afternoon!

Cheers mate,

Jim B

With never having done so, I would suggest NOT to do so, UNLESS you have installed ALL files from the 5gb Cubase 7 Installer.

Disco destroys your mind.

Yes you can remove, but…

I’ve had quite a few projects where I had inadvertently used either plug-ins that are no longer part of the current version, or had used sounds which were included in older versions.

Not a problem, until ‘n’ years on and you er-visit a project, only to find that it will load, but some of your tracks have no VST sounds on them, or a missing plug-in warning.

I’d leave it alone, unless you are desperately short of disk space.

Been burned too many times…and yet I still never find the time to render off individual tracks to audio ‘just in case’.

Thanks for the advice everyone!

I did uninstall Cubase 6 yesterday afternoon and, up till now, all going smoothly!!

Let’s hope the 7.04 update continues to work properly!!!

Thanks again everyone for taking the time to offer me the benefit of your combined experience, that is exactly what I love about this community! With a very few exceptions everyone likes to chip in and help if they can :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Jim B