Removing Reverb from individual drum hits

I like Groove Agent 5se a lot so far. It appears some individual drum hits in the provided kits will not allow for removing their reverb effect. the reverb is not part of the sample, yet turning down all of the aux sends or muting the aux tracks does not give me a dry sound.

Some drum hits lose their reverb when I mute the aux tracks or turn down the sends, but not others.

Is this a limitation of the se version? or is there another reverb hiding somewhere I can turn off?

Thank you in advance for any help. There are no reverbs whatsoever in use outside of the groove agent plugin.

1 Like

HI
I’ve just seen this on a search for the same thing.
Some of the drums seem to have a baked in reverb. Is this the case ?

May it be that it’s just the “room mics” of the acoustic kits? It makes sense that they contain the “natural reverb” of the recording room, but you should be able to mute them - is the reverb still there if you do this?

Ill have another look thanks but I turned the room and the overhead mics down to zero. The only other way is mess about with the envelope in the mixer part.

It also depends on what “kind” of kit you’re looking at.

Some are virtual drum kits (when you go to edit an instrument, you get a nice graphic of a drum set), which are just like a real drum set in a room. Any reverb is added via an Aux send or a plugin.

Other kits are just samples played via the drum pads, so if the sample has reverb in the recorded sample, you can’t remove it.

You can look at the mixer and see if a reverb plugin has been added somewhere in an AUX.