Removing vsti's from a project- in Pro 10

Hi All
I can’t find a way to remove a vst instrument from a project. I can remove the track assigned to it but the ‘rack’ retains the vsti.
I’ve tried to create a support request but keep being returned to the log-in page!
Any help gratefully accepted,
joe

Hi and welcome,

In the VST Instruments Rack click to the Rack Instrument’s instrument and instead of the instrument (for example HALion Sonic SE), select None from the list.

Thanks Martin- I was sure I’d tried that simple option!
joe

HI Martin
Your suggestion worked once but now I’m opening older projects with discontinued VSTi’s and I can’t find a way to remove them- clicking to the right only brings up routing options and shortcuts.
I’ve been trying for several months to submit a ticket but each time the response on trying to submit is ‘Goodbye you’ve been logged out’.
Can you offer any advice please?
thanks again, joe

Hi,

Could you attach a screenshot, please?

Where exactly do you click to?

Thanks Martin,
I’m trying to include a screenshot and right clicking anywhere in the VSTI rack shows no 'Remove ’ option,
joe

Try clicking EZD in the Track Inspector. The “No VST Instument” option should be at the top of the list.

Regards :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks Prock- I’ve tried it but I want to keep the midi track and assign it to another VSTi. This still leaves the original VSTi in the rack and VSTi track listing,
joe