Render audio montage to new audio montage

Hi

I would like to master my songs in the audio montage instead of the audio file workspace, since it makes it easier to compare volumes between tracks. I now understand how to put effects on the separate tracks. But to make all this effects permanent on the files, I need to render all the tracks. I have understand its possible to render the whole audio montage to a new audio montage, in which the effects are “written into the files”. But how do I do this? When I tried to do it, all the tracks were blended into a single track. I want all the tracks to be lined up after each other on a single track.

I have the audio files in a vertical line in the audio montage, like this:

1: XXXXXXXXXX
2: yyyyyyyyyyy
3: zzzzzzzzzzz
etc.

I want them to end up like this in the new montage:

1. xxxxxxxxxx yyyyyyyyy zzzzzzzzzz etc.

Thank you.

In the original montage, drag the clips along their tracks to the required times:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Remember to select that following clips on the same track get moved together (if you have multiple clips on each track, that is).

Paul

I think the easiest way is to have a numeric prefix at the start of your file names such as:

01 Song Title
02 Song Title
03 Song Title

If you do this, WaveLab will start with them in that order when you try to insert them into a new montage. Also, if you arrange your first montage so that each file is one after another (instead of all the track placed in the same spot starting from zero), you could have WaveLab automatically add that Numeric Prefix to the start of the file name based on the track number position.