Render export in cubase?

Hello,
I am recording sounds with a handheld recorder. I am considering buying Cubase to use for editing the sounds I record. What I would like to do is import the one recording I make of several sounds (all in the same audio file) into one stereo channel, cut out the parts I want to keep in my library, add some processing and export the clips out of Cubase.

Could I render export the clips this way in Cubase? If not, is this possible in Nuendo? Is this what the function described in the picture do in Nuendo?

You cannot add processing to clips in Cubase. You should give each clip its own track, or apply offline processing one fx after another. Each track can accept only 6 prefader plugins. There is no fx chains in Cubase. Export is SLOW, I bet it is the slowest among all DAWs, so if your recording is long, you will wait forever with export. Cubase is a bit overkill for such simple task as editing clips, and possibly not best suited for it. And it is quite expensive. It is a tool for music production, synths and arranging and notation, so with it you will be buying many functions that you do not need for your task.

IMO much better option for your work is Reaper. It has clip processing, meaning you can apply multiple fx to clips on the same track, in realtime. Export is great with Reaper, you can easily export clips as separate files. It works easily on extremely long recordings, I can import a month of radio recordings at once, onto one track, and edit it into thousands of clips, and has no problem with it. Also Reaper has the fastest export of all DAWS. And above all it is much cheaper, you can even try it for free.

Thanks for your answer.

So render export from Nuendo is not part of Cubase? I actually already use Reaper too for this purpose, like you say its very good at this specific task. But i also need a DAW for mixing music, and making sound effects, in that aspect Cubase Pro seems perfect. So if the same functionality can be found in Cubase as in Reaper, then Cubase seems like a good buy for me i think.

For this task you might be better off looking at an audio editor such as WaveLab, perhaps even WaveLab Elements.

Sorry i was not clear with why i am considering Cubase.

I am going to do some post production work and music mixing, so i need something that meet both worlds. Nuendo is my first pick, but it has alot of functions i dont need that are great for post houses. So i thought Cubase might be a good choice, music + some simple sound design work.

One of the things i do is the process i described, i use to do that in Reaper but want to do that in my new DAW instead. Wavelab would be perfect for singel channel operations but i do need the Cubase and Nuendo functionality too. Sorry for me being complicated! :wink: :unamused:

In Cubase, you can apply static effects to individual clips as well as using track effects, and there’s a third-party add-on called MEAP that might assist in exporting multiple clips, if the existing batch export is not flexible enough. Ultimately you might have to trial Cubase to really know if it will suit your workflow, but unfortunately even the trial requires a dongle purchase.

Thank you, i already own a dongle from before, so i will give it a try. Thanks for all your help guys! :slight_smile:

Okey guys i am back from testing.

Its possible to do this kind of export through “Render in place”.
And through this function its possible to choose if i want to add the processing on the channel or on the channel + master.
See the picture for more information.

Wedoh, I’ve been using cubase for 20 years in music production. Still I use Reaper for clip editing. Reaper has functions that you cannot even dream of in Cubase. It is fully configurable. And with added free scripts it is umached in DAW world.

My personal advice based on much experience, do yourself a favor and stay with Reaper. One thing is what Cubase can do in theory and in manual, another thing is practice. If you are already using Reaper, I see no good reason switching to Cubase. You will just bring trouble on yourself. People switch from Cubase to Reaper and never look back. Especially for simple editing, Reaper is much better, faster and cheaper. Better invest your time and energy into learning Reaper well, buying new daw will not be a step forward.