Render External Effects - audio process history

I would like to be able to use my Hardware effects with offline process history. Currently, when I go to “Audio–>Plugins”, I see my hardware effect, but it is always greyed out, and I cannot process this way. Please fix this…

In addition, I think it would be amazing if there was a little notepad built into the off-line process history where we could take notes for each outboard process. That way, I would know exactly how to recall the settings on my outboard gear (in case I want to change the settings on the hardware effect, etc).

Please add this feature! I don’t use external effects all of the time, but when I do, this would greatly simplify workflow. Real-time operation is perfectly acceptable. The way I have been doing this for many years now, is to insert a hardware effect, export, rename the exported track, and then import into project. Then if I want to go back to the previous version at a later time, I have to locate the file and re-import the previous audio. Offline Process History with external effects would be MUCH MUCH MUCH better and faster.

Thanks,
Todd