Render in place available from context menu

I use RIP a lot. It would be great to see it available with a quick right-click on the context menu that holds “Add new xxxx track, etc.”. Not a biggie, but i find myself occasionally looking for it there instinctively, so in my case anyway, it seems like a logical place for it. Jm2c.

It already is in the context menu here. But the best and fastest way to use it, is to set a key command for it.

I guess I had better revisit this then. I’d be well served to use more key commands. I’ve been mouse-centric since I started computing in the early 90’s. I’m pretty much limited to Cntr-D and Alt-click and drag so far. :astonished:

In my own defense, I can find no mention in the Pro 8 manual to any method of rendering in place other than using the edit menu dropdown. That’s not to say that it isn’t on a context menu. If you have it, then I do too. I’ll find it as soon as I can get to my computer. :smiley:

Please tell me how you get to this context menu “there”. No right click that I can execute here brings a menu with RIP on it. Are you trolling me or am I just missing it?

No trolling. :slight_smile: Select the parts you want to render, then right click. In the context menu you’ll find “Render in place”.

Maybe you have changed your right click behaviour in the preferences to just show the tool box? Render in place is available in the context menu. See pic:
RenderInPlace.png

You are DEFINITELY on to something. My right click only shows the tool icons. I have Cubase open now and I’ve been looking for where to change the preference. I started in “Preferences”, of course but did not find it. :sunglasses: I thought that I would find it right away. Duh!

I’m sure it’s there and I am missing it. Would you be so kind as to tell me where to look? I’ll immortalize you in song as a folk hero afterwards.

WAIT! I found it! I had to deselect “show popup toolbar on right”. Honestly, that didn’t even sound like a candidate to me.

Wow! This is going to be a game changer!

Thank you Svengali!!! You rock. :smiley:

Or, if you are used to just having the toolbox on right-click like me, you can also use SHIFT+right click to bring that full context menu list about, when needed. Nice.

Bob

That sounds even better. I think I’d be quicker on the draw with just the tool icons since I’m used to that also. Thanks for that one as well Bob.

Damn! I missed it. That would become a great song. :astonished: :laughing:

But Pumas advice is great. I will try this by myself.

No,no…I’m starting the song right now. It may take several years, but your name will resonate around campfires everywhere.