Render in place..er pardon?

The update made it possible for me to finally be able to open CP8 in a meaningful way…great!! so thought I’d give render in place a shot, set up the RIP dialogue so the source file is unchanged…did the deed and it rendered nicely but the source file is muted and I can not figure out how to unmute it…pressing mute and solo buttons has no effect so went back to render dialogue window and noticed it had changed back to mute the source, so changed it back to leave source material unchanged…did the deed and it’s still muted the source track so went to the dialogue expecting it to have changed itself to mute but it was as I’d set it at leave source material unchanged…had to close and re open the project to get the original material unmuted…

I give up…I’ve bought a PUP :frowning: Kevin

Can you post a full repro…all seems to be fine here.

Have you tried undoing the actions and doing the RIP afresh with the mute source button unchecked?

Hi, thanks for your reply’s…by full repro do you mean a full explanation? assuming this I just selected the midi part went to RIP selected ‘‘keep source events unchanged’’ then pressed ok…it renders ok but the source is muted and will not unmute…gotta close the project and open again to get it back…
regarding the mute source button, in the drop down menu there are 2 choices and I choose keep source events unchanged…but it’s muted…

I’ve had a bad time with this release and people keep telling me it must be my system but I did a clean install of W7 and C7 works great…there is definitely something iffy about this release judging by all the other complaints…

Kevin

A repro is a list of steps to reproduce the problem…ideally from a completely empty project.

If you do this it saves people having to keep asking questions such as…what do you mean by a midi track? Instrument track??, midi track feeding a rack instrument?? Are you trying to render just an event or the whole track?, what are your full RIP setup selections?

The part is muted, use the X tool, click on the part to unmute it.

Midi clips get muted after render in place, not just the track. You can enable them with the X tool in the toolbox.

Oh I see, I’m really very tired of trying to make this ‘‘pro’’ software work, just thought I’d have another go now that it will actually open properly…so I will put it away again until the next update and see if that helps me, I have spent to much time with this already,
I thank you sincerely for the help and hope you don’t think I’ve wasted your time, I just cannot spend more time fiddling with this software…
thank you again, I will not post any more questions regarding CP8…if it does not work for me after the upcoming updates I will just delete it…

Kevin

the x tool does not unmute it…

there not supposed to get muted if I don’t click on mute the source material…surely…

I’m just fed up with this…thanks guys but I’m just gonna work with 7…

Works perfectly here, You must be doing something wrong.
Are you sure you did’nt just select the track, because then it could be the source track is being disabled.
Just right click on the track where the track name solo, mute buttons are and select enable Track

Oh and if the instrument track should have been disabled and you save the project.
And then later after reloading the project and enabling the track, you would have lost your input settings for the midi.

‘Render in place’ function works flawlessly here. I’ve tried every scenario I could think of and had no problems.

However, I’ve noticed that majority of people having various issues with C8 are running Windows 7. Just an observation I’ve made after reading forums.

On Win 7 here and RIP Works just fine here and can’t repro, in fact the whole release is really good, other than a few little niggles that have been acknowledged, really really pleased with as are many other people.

Of course that sort of statement doesn’t help people who seemingly are having substantial issues with it though…

the only problem i have had with RIP is if you have set it to render in 32bit float in a 24bit project. That produces a crash every time, so I just make sure they match.

I have wondered about this.I feel like Steinberg wrote CP8 for Win 8.1 and onward. have been loving CP8 on Win 8.1,on a clean install on a SSD dedicated to just music/DAW. Win 8.0 is horrible. 8.1 just works. :neutral_face:

Gotta thank all you guy’s for your help and suggestions…checked everything and still no progress, in fact the last 2 openings of CP8 opened in the same manner that it did before the update…ie, a long thin gui that froze if I touched it, like I said before, this is a clean W7 install and I have no 3rd party plugins on the computer and as usual C7 works fine,
I’m gonna delete CP8 and re install it when I have W10 as my OS (a few months away I’m told)
hopefully that will put it right,

thank you all again, Kevin :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Another interesting feature (not) is that my CP8 will not open unless I place the cursor on the floating menu bar, if I don’t do this I get the ‘‘please wait circular thingy’’ forever…I’m sure that can not be right…