Render-in-Place Options (Complete Signal Path)?

Have done multiple testing, including watching many tutorials on the new Cubase 8 Render-in-Place option, and still cannot determine the actual difference between “Complete Signal Path” and “Complete Signal Path + Master FX” under the Render-in-Place dialog box. To my knowledge, with all the years I’ve used Cubase, I’m not aware of an actual Master Bus. Pro Tools has Master Faders. In Cubase I’ve simply used a group track as the Master Out. However, no matter what effects I have on any individual tracks, sends, group outs, etc., I cannot reproduce the difference between these two options when rendering audio. I haven’t seen anyone actually demonstrate the difference as of yet either. What would account for “Master FX”? The only difference I have been able to reproduce so far is that when comparing the two options, sometimes there is a volume difference in the renders form the original (2 t o3 db). But no effects, whether placed as inserts or sends seem to have any difference on the renders. My question is then, can someone actually explain a step-by-step procedure for comparing the difference between these two render options. The other two are rather obvious. (Please do not quote from the manual. I’ve already read it.)

Hi kmm,

open up your MixConsole and the first channel from the right (with a red fader cap, usually called “Stereo out”) is the Master Output channel. You can also insert effects to that track, which would make a difference if you RIP “Complete Signal Path” or “Complete Signal Path + Master FX”.

Hope this helps

Haha, for some reason - and for the first time getting Aware - I dont’t like the “RIP”-Abbreviation for “Render in Place”…

R.I.P. ;o)

Cheers, Ernst

OK,

That makes sense now. It’s because I never use the Output Channels for anything but monitoring.
I have a few set up for different output sources and I use them to usually adjust the output volume between the sources as well as sometimes adjusting the EQ a bit to balance out the spectrum response more between say headphones and monitors. I never actually bounce down through those outputs though. As I mentioned, I created my own Master Out from a Group channel actually. Based on my setup then, it seems that I would never have reason to Render with + Master FX selected, since any slight changes I may make to those outputs are not meant to be included in the audio files in the first place. This would also be why I was noticing a volume difference from the original file to the rendered one when + Master FX was selected, since I probably had changed the output volume a bit to my monitors via the output fader (for listening purposes only).