Render in Place question

Tried looking for something similar, but couldn’t find an answer as of yet.

For some reason, Render in Place sometimes omits portions of the track when rendering. For example, I rendered a section, and the second part was missing, but when I went through the process one more time (with exactly the same settings used), everything was perfectly fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?
Thanks in advance.

N

Hi and welcome,

What is your Render in Place settings, please? What Cubase version exactly do you use?

Thank you.

I’m using Cubase 9.5 Pro Build 55
Settings wise, I’ve tried absolutely every combination possible, it doesn’t seem to be influencing the outcome in terms of the bug. The dropouts in the rendered piece are occurring randomly.
I’ve rendered the same portions shown above with exactly the same settings used three times, and only the third render had all the portions in it.

What virtual instrument do you Render? Do you Render the track or the events?

What Audio Device do you use? What Sample Rate, Bit Rate, Buffer Size? So you use 32- or 64-bit processing precision? What about your ASIO Guard Settings?

Thanks

This doesn’t seem to be limited to a certain virtual instrument - had problems with both Kontakt-based and other instruments.
Tried rendering track and events

Used a generic ASIO driver IIRC, 44.1k 24 bit. 32-bit processing precision. ASIO-guard disabled

Come to think of it - I do recall similar problems back when I was using C7. When I was exporting stems, certain instrument tracks would simply end up half empty, even though when I was trying to play the track real-time, it was working fine. Usually second-third exports were fine.
Maybe this is related.

The Render in Place function has been causing artifacts in the finished track nearly every time. So I’ve chosen to not use it. I haven’t had the half empty file however.

To be honest, this is one of the main reasons I’ve purchased an upgrade from 7 to 9.5 in the first place. Haven’t seen anyone who had similar issues while I was doing my research, so I thought I was good to go. Right now it does feel like a lottery - waiting 5 minutes for the piece to render to see if I have to do it again or not.
Any suggestions would be welcome.