Render Track To MONO

Render in Place to a MONO track, still not here,not that I can see anyway!
I use EZdrummer and each piece of the drum kit (and that’s what drum machines are based upon) are mono.
Each individual piece of the kit when panned various degrees L & R and then summed together gives you a stereo track. I can’t understand why anyone would ever want a stereo sample of an individual piece of kit. We shouldn’t have to create a work around in order to get a natural sounding drum kit. This should have been included in version 9, I hope you fix this in the next update.

I usually put a Mono-to-stereo plug (set to Mono only) on the bus I want in Mono, however, I have not tried bouncing it like that…

Maybe you are already doing this as a workaround until they add your feature…

In the Cubase>File>Export>Mixdown>Audio Mixdown menu choose your channels in the left pane, choose the “Mono Mixdown” function in the Audio Engine Output section. Then, if you want, choose the “Pool” and/or “Audio Track” in the Import into Project section.

I know it’s not a one button solution but… better than nothing. :wink:

Regards :sunglasses:

So here we are in August 2017, a new update and still no Render in Place to a MONO Track !

I use EZdrummer and each piece of the drum kit (and that’s what drum machines are based upon) are mono…I can’t understand why anyone would ever want a stereo sample of an individual piece of kit. We shouldn’t have to create a work around in order to get a natural sounding drum kit.

Actually the outputs of EZ drummer are stereo not mono so a workaround of sorts is always going to be required. But the ideal workaround would certainly be a mono downmix option in RIP settings.

to be clear…The number of channels you render to isn’t affecting the sound in any way.