Rendering DDP fails with "cue sheet error"

So I’ve perfected my script to render my 96k audio montage to a (44k) DDP, by creating appropriate master section and rendering presets, and using montage.render(outputPath);.

This successfully brings up the DDP-writing dialog, and hitting render renders (in real-time, since I have external analog processing), and it seems to all finish completely, and then I get an error dialog box “Cue Sheet Error at line 7” and then I click OK and it’s finished, and there are no files in the output folder.

How can I get more details on what the problem is? (Is there a debug log I can turn on or look at?)

A DDP need sample accuracy in the markers. You should not use an External Gear at the same time of rendering to DDP.
For prepare your files, then use them in the montage, and make a DDP from that montage.

A DDP need sample accuracy in the markers.

Of course.

You should not use an External Gear at the same time of rendering to DDP.

wat :exploding_head:

What does having external gear inserts have do with placement of markers? The marker placement should not be affected in any way.

(I could see resampling affecting that, but since a CD frame is exactly 588 sample-pairs at 44.1k and exactly 1280 sample-pairs at 96k, it should still be possible to preserve sample-accurate markers at frame boundaries when resampling 96k → 44.1k. And, in my experience, that does seem to work.)

The global signal might be offset by the external gear because sample-accurate latency compensation is not guaranteed.

I see. So you’re anchoring the markers to the audio, and inaccuracies in latency compensation might move the markers and audio together relative to the timeline, as opposed to anchoring the markers to the timeline and letting inaccuracies in latency compensation slide the audio relative to both timeline and markers.