Rendering Files with BWF Time Reference

I haven’t found a good way to do this from the montage recently, so I’ve ended up editing the BWF time reference in rendered files after the fact to what I know they should be and resaving the files. But that takes extra time and seems like something I shouldn’t have to do, so I’d like to find a reliable way to do this in the set up for the renders. Maybe there’s a simple way, but if I ever knew it I forgot it.

If I have a montage with one long clip or multiple clips, and the first clip starts at 58m 59s 144ms 25smp on the montage timeline, and I want the render file to have exactly that BWF Time Reference in the meta-data, and I want the rendered file to start exactly where that first clip starts, how do I set up the meta-data to do just that? I need to render selected clips, or place cd or region markers and render one long cd track or region to get the render file I want in a case like this.

I’ve tried a number of things including editing the BWF Time Reference in the meta-data window beforehand but I always get unpredictable incorrect results with that now. I thought I’d done that in the past successfully but apparently not.

he first clip starts at 58m 59s 144ms 25smp on the montage timeline, and I want the render file to have exactly that BWF Time Reference in the meta-data, and I want the rendered file to start exactly where that first clip starts

Do you mean you want to generate an audio file that will start with 58m 59s 144ms 25smp of silences???

No, that’s why I’m rendering “selected clip(s)” or “region” or “cd track”. I know if I rendered “whole montage” I’d get a file with all that silence at the front. That’s not what I want, and not what I’m doing. The program starts at 58m 59s 144ms 25smp and that’s where the rendered file needs to start, with that timestamp. Maybe there’s a standard way to do this by resetting the timeline, or with an offset, but currently I’m not doing it that way (although I’d like to know if there is a standard way I’m not doing).

There is no way to do this automatically. I will note it, for the future.

Thank you.