Rendering is changing audio - Maat thEQ Orange Problem

I would say it’s relatively safe to go back to 11.0.20, but any new features introduced in 11.0.30 will not work or be available.

You typically can’t open a montage saved in WaveLab 11 in WaveLab 10 but I can’t recall if you’ll have an issue opening a montage last saved in 11.0.30 in 11.0.20 You can always re-install 11.0.30 if you find trouble.

I would just start with a fresh project first if you do roll back and make a copy or backup of any current .mon files in case something goes wrong.

Is the Maat thEQ ORANGE really worth this much trouble?

I already reported another problem with the same plugin related to the presets recall. They answered but didn’t fix it yet.
This Orange edition is very buggy with WL11.0.30, as far as I can see. But still, is the EQ I like most the sound to clean up frequencies with negative gain, precisely and without noticeable artifacts.

Ah. Well FWIW, I have found that 99% of plugin issues need to be fixed with the plugin developer and not from WaveLab. Every now and then it’s a true WaveLab fix but normally it’s a plugin developer fix.

WaveLab is somehow more sensitive to 3rd party plugins than other DAWs, and is also under tested compared to other DAWs. Plus, how many DAWs have Clip FX? It’s another reason for plugin developers to closely test WaveLab too.

If you use just Maat thEQ ORANGE in the global master section, does it play and render OK? Often times plugins are OK in the master section but struggle as Clip FX.

1 Like

Yes, it seems ok there. For the presets problem I know it is. I’ll check on this render one. It should work.
But still I want to find a way to use Orange in the ClipFX, where I like to work with it :wink:
Thanks!

Often, plugs that work in the master section, also work in Montage Track Effects.

Yes, it’s really the Clip FX where things get tricky which is why I really focus on what’s happening with Clip FX.

1 Like

EDITED: **I’ve tried it out and I’m getting the same problem in any Montage FX section and also in the Master Section. it’s everywhere. Very bad behavior. ** (clip, track or output).

I’ll try it there too, but I saw problems that wouldn’t be fixed anywhere but in the master section already.

hey @PG1

Where can I get older v11 versions?? Couldn’t find any here.
Thanks

@Justin_Perkins, @PG1, and @Paul_Rat_Blakey

Don’t you think that if we could open a plugin chain saved in the other sections in the MASTER SECTION, it could help a lot to workaround problems such as this?
Ps: If there’s a way to do this, I’m not aware.

:wink:

I agree … and for other reasons as well. But I am not at all sure that this would be straightforward given how the montage works.

1 Like

The problem mentioned and solved there could be your case. Check it…

1 Like

Hi PG,

Unfortunately, I had no Dyn checked for non-UAD plugins.
This is not the case. I wish it was.

Do you know where can I get Older WL instalations?
I want to make some tests regarding this Maat Orange compatibility with previous versions of both DW and plugin.

Thanks a lot!

Hey @PG1 ,

Something very weird (but good in a certain way) happened:

SUDDENLY, The Maat Orange EQ rendering problem is no longer happening.
Nor is the preset recall problems related to other thread I was working on with MAAT’s support (I had to deal with this - recall every preset, every time I reopened a project or loaded a plugin chain for the last months, it’s an excruciating thing).

The bad part is that I have no clue what the problem really was or what exactly fixed it.

The last thing I remember is that I checked if the dynamic plugin option was on, as you suggested. It was not on in any non-UAD. After that, I reorganized my plugin preferences once I was there, and that’s it.

Q: Is it possible that just by opening the plugin preferences and doing anything there, it somehow reset plugin preferences that could be related to the current bug?
I mean, even in the case of the other thread you posted here, maybe the guy, just by going there and clicking on plugins preferences boxes, had the render bug fixed too???

Thanks!

That is a possibility. That is, opening and closing the plugin re-save its parameters, hence this is like a reset.

I mean the WL Plugins preferences, not the Maat plugin’s preferences. To be clear.
The plugin itself, I have tried to do this many times, without result.

It got better after I went to the WL Plug-ins preference tab to look for a wrongly selected “Dyn” box, but I ended up reorganizing my plugins.

Thx

Then I don’t see a reason if you made no change.

1 Like

Well, I’m going nuts here!
I wish I could understand it better and help the community with a real solution here.
I’ll keep trying.
I’m glad that I’m good to go now with WL and Maat (I love both).
Thanks for your precious input and time.
Best Regards

1 Like

I found some comments in another thread related to render issues that were solved by @PG1 with the following suggestion:

POSSIBLY, THE REAL SOLUTION:

Try erasing this file:
\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\WaveLab Pro 11\Preferences\PluginSettings.dat
and restart WaveLab.
(see it here in the original thread context)

I believe this “PluginSettings.dat” deletion resets the plugin’s preferences in WL. Something similar occurred when I changed some preferences under the WL plug-ins preferences tab, which (I suspect) fixed the bugs I was having with Orange and Blue Maat EQs.

That’s why I believe this might be the better and faster solution for this problem. However, I couldn’t replicate the bug to confirm the theory.

1 Like

Hey @PG1 where can I find this “PluginsSettings.dat” file on mac?
Thanks

/Users/YourName/Library/Preferences/WaveLab Pro 11/Preferences/PluginSettings.dat

1 Like