Rent to Own for Dorico

Oh… maybe it is academic only… I just saw it in the release notes on page 68:

Time-limited licenses. If you are using a time-limited license – for example, a 30-
day trial license or a 1-year Dorico Pro 365 license – you can now see the expiry
date of your license at any time in the About Dorico window (in the Help menu on
Windows, and in the Dorico menu on Mac).

Found something else: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1505789-REG/steinberg_90735_dorico_pro_365_educational.html

I don’t think it works for people living outside the U.S. :frowning:

The Sweetwater deal, although tempting, may put you behind. Since it takes 3 years to pay it off, and Dorico has historically updated about once a year, you’d probably pay it off well after it’s out of date.

MiloDC, I don’t know where do you live?! Probably in the USA?! I’m from South-Eastern Europe and I have enough clear point of view about the life of the musicians in this part of the World.
In Europe Dorico Pro costs 559 EUR = $614, which is much more than $500.
I have friend - composer and arranger from Ukraine and he told me that they get around $250 for jazz band arrangements, per song (5 - 7 minutes).
If you get at least 3 - 4 projects per month you could live normally there if you don’t spend a lot… Imagine if you have a family…
In the USA and Western Europe, as well, you can return this $500 investment only with one project.
And as you know the musicians job isn’t as secure as the one in a company with monthly payment, so you also have to save money for the “bad” days.
The most widely spread practice in this part of the World is to save money for relatively good computer (probably second hand workstation) and cracked software.
So, there is enough serious reason behind this request for Rent-To-Own! :slight_smile:

Greetings :slight_smile:

He who feels it, knows it.