Repeat Alternate Endings number format when using range

Here I have shown a part of the greatest thrash riff ever, which has 4 repeats and alternate endings: “1,3” and “2” and “4”.

Dorico shows first alternate ending is shown as “1.3.” whereas it should be shown as “1, 3.” (Note the comma vs period, and the space.)

The documentation doesn’t use such an example, because the example doesn’t use a comma range, it uses a dash range (“1-3.”) which ends up looking correct.

Reference

In engraved scores I have always seen them as Dorico does them. This type of abbreviation is from German, where the period means ordinal (“first, third” as opposed to “one, three”). It does seem pretty ‘classical’ in style, but I think it is the clearest and easiest to read.

Maybe there should be a space in between then “1. 3.” vs “1.3.” ? To differentiate the numbers more.

Now after having transcribed with repeat sections for correctness, I need to unroll these sections as an arranging step. But it seems there is no straightforward way to unroll Alt Endings. Inserting new bars does not move the endings along with their respective measures, the endings stay fixed in adjacent sequence, so unrolling means keeping track of the Alt Ending measures, in order to paste the beginning measures correctly.

I vaguely remember some notation program which allowed rolling and unrolling repeat sections with alt. endings, or maybe it is imagination, either way for arranging, it would be a powerful (maybe niche?) feature, to expand and collapse these linearly. For example also useful for churning jazz standards into arrangements with notated solo sections, without destroying the original compact nature of the short lead sheet, if Dorico could re-roll the repeats again.