Repeat n times text missing on barlines

Hi I started using multiple repeats in a project and at some point the text stopped displaying on new repeat barlines. I tried turning it on and off or changing the engraving, but nothing worked. Now all of the text is missing from the repeats, even the ones that were working in the beginning.

Maasikas.dorico (579.7 KB)
here’s the project

In Playback options/Repeats check “play repeats”

The Playback Option mentioned above is automatically switched off when you close a project, if the project contains unbalanced repeats that would result in an infinite playback loop. If you’re finding that this happens for your project, take a look through what repeats are set up and double-check they’ve all got the right start/end points.

Also, in Properties, make sure that “Play n times” is enabled (you will need to select the repeat barline to see this property).

Hi,

Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I can’t for the life of me get the text ‘play n times’ on my chart.

I’ve done all the above ‘fixes’ but when I select the barline, either at the end or the beginning of the repeat section, there is no ‘repeat n times’ property in the bottom window…

I attach a cut-down of the project to see if anyone else can work it out…

No Rpt Text.dorico (1.9 MB)

Cheers as always for any help.

P

I’m on 4.2.0 by the way…

P

I don’t believe you can, because of the different repeat endings.

Oh.

I’m sure I’ve done it before…

P

If you select the repeats horizontal lines, there are specific properties that you can tweak, especially the text you want to show (like 1-4, 5)

Thanks both,

Seems Janus is right…

I’ll put some system text over the first repeat line (it’s always best to belt and braces this stuff, I find)

Cheers as always,

P

1 Like