repeatable crash with 7.1

Hi,

Just for a test try with WL 7.00 build 506
and see if this is the same as with 7.01 and 7.10

regards S-EH

This is the only report I ever had about this particular problem.
Personally I open 90% of my files by Drag and drop.
Peak file building happens in a “background thread”, which is synchronized with the “UI thread”. But this has almost nothing to do with Qt. What I see in your crash dump, is that the problem is related to memory allocation. But I see no other details. This is no helper.

Can this be related to hardware memory 16 GB
dual or triple configuration doesn’t match on MoBo ?

regards S-EH

thanks for the suggestion - just tried that - still the same issue.

doesn’t

look similar with mrk (does he mean gpk ?)
and john lance problem at the bottom of this thread is the same

this is one of the new sandybridge chipset (the fixed b3 version !) - hyperthreading turned on hence 8-core. 16gig memory. Problem with the way the new sandybridge handles memory / multithreading ? I haven’t seen any issues in any other software, although wavelab is the only 32bit application on there (there are a few legacy 32bit plugs). Been running 64bit cubase 6 without a hitch for the last month - not one crash.

Passes the window7 memory test fine and the crash is totally repeatable so I don’t believe it’s faulty ram - and if there were any other issues I thought I’d have seen them elsewhere ?

Either way I’ve still a couple of WL6 licences which at the moment I still prefer, so if there’s no more experimenting I can try, I might leave WL7 and try it on the next update.

PS - I’m fairly convinced there’s a bug there when creating gpk but can’t quite put my finger on it - I just wonder what is different about my pc config to other working ones.

dual channel mobo - dual channel memory

the sandybridge boards have a (working!) turbo mode so by default it’s running at 1600mhz and the system (and memory) is very understressed. Error occurs if turbo mode on/off.

doesn’t “feel” like a hardware problem to me - could be wrong of course :slight_smile:

I don’t think it’s a hardware problem (because you’ve checked your disks). But there is a particular configuration that causes WaveLab to fail. I will review this code on tomorrow, but this is already well tested code. So I can’t promise I find something.

I have exactly the same problem!

I also have exactly the same problem! … still no help…???

This issue is solved in soon upcoming update.

that’s excellent news - might be enough to make me start using v7 :wink:

(cough…printed manual…cough)

THANX A LOT

seems to be ok with w7 64bit - thanks pg