In Kontakt 6.4.2 (R93), adjusting the convolution reverb volume envelope causes Cubase to crash.
My system is Windows 10.
- Open Cubase and load Kontakt.
- Open some simple instrument in Kontakt, and open Kontakt’s Edit page.
- Put a convolution reverb in the “Instruments Main Effects” section of the Kontakt editor.
- Choose the factory preset from the Piano Reverbs called “0.6s Short”.
- Click the Volume Envelope button in the reverb controls.
- Grab the 6th node from the left (3rd on the bottom of the envelope plot) and move it.
- That should crash Cubase.
Yes, this is certainly a Kontakt problem, but Cubase should be able to know how to handle this occurrence.