(Repeatable) Renaming or Deleting Expression Maps Shows Incorrect Map Name in Track Inspector

Several repeatable issues related to renaming or deleting expression maps in Cubase 9.5.10:

1. Create empty project

2. Add three empty MIDI tracks

3. Open Expression Map Setup window and add three new Maps. Name them “1”, “2” and “3”.

(Keep the Expression Map Setup window open for this whole procedure.)

1. Assign Expression Map “1” to the first MIDI track, Map “2” to the second MIDI track, and Map “3” to the third.

2. Select the first MIDI track and make sure you can see the ‘Expression Map’ pane in the track Inspector in the Left Zone. It will correctly say “1”

3. In the Expression Map Setup window, rename the “1” map to “1B”.

You will notice the map’s name does not update in the track’s Inspector pane.

1. In the Expression Map Setup window, delete the Map named “1B”.

2. Select the second MIDI track.

The map’s name in the Inspector panel is now incorrect.
It should say “2” but it will say “3” instead.

1. Select the third MIDI track.

The map’s name in the Inspector panel is also incorrect.
It should say “3” but it will say “~-~” instead.

1. Select the second MIDI track.

2. In the Expression Map Setup window, delete the Map named “2”.

3. Select the third MIDI track.

The map’s name in the Inspector panel has changed again.
It should say “3” but it will say “Expression Map Setup…” instead.

Hi,

Is it just a redraw issue after step 6? What happens when you close and tropic the Expression Map tab on the track?

Nice one.

Here, yes, #6 is a missing redraw and deselect/reselecting the track updates the display.

Eliminating that from the repro:

Create 3 tracks, and three exp maps.
assign to each track a different map
delete the first map.

Track assignments are now wrong for the others.

From my tests, I’m fairly certain that the maps still function correctly even though the wrong map’s name is displayed in the Track Inspector. You can confirm this if you have articulations in the maps - they still function correctly. Further proof: if you have incorrect map’s names showing up and then save the file and reopen it, it will in fact show the correct names once again. But boy is it confusing and disconcerting.

Yeah I wondered about that, but didn’t test. I’ll change the wording in the report. It’s a display prob is all, as I think Martin suspected. But uber-confusing!

Reported