Repeated Crash when adding solo strings part

I have a score in which I’m attempting to add a solo Cello staff above the two existing cello section staves. I can add the player just fine, and move it by dragging to he correct order, but when I attempt to save the project Dorico hangs and I have to end the process manually. Has anyone experienced this, or does anyone have anything that might fix it?

Thanks in advance!

Dear Gryptpipe,
Here’s a copy paste from the FAQ :

Dorico is crashing. What should I do?
On Windows, applications no longer produce a crash dump by default. You can make your computer generate the minidump files we need to diagnose your problem by downloading, unzipping and double-clicking this Registry key:
dump-config.zip
(469 Bytes) Downloaded 345 times
Now when Dorico crashes, open a Windows Explorer window and go to %LOCALAPPDATA%\CrashDumps (you can copy and paste this into the address bar), then zip up the files you find in there and send them to us.

On Mac, crash logs are written to /Library/your-user-name/Logs/DiagnosticReports. The quickest way to get there is to type Shift-Command-G in a Finder window and paste ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports into the Go to Folder dialog and hit Return. Again, zip up the relevant dorico_*.crash files you find in there, and send them to us.

It would also be useful if you could include the file application.log with your report: this file includes a list of the commands that were performed in the last Dorico session, and can be helpful in troubleshooting specific problems. This file can be found here:

• Windows: C:\Users\your-user-name\AppData\Roaming\Steinberg\Dorico
• Mac: /Users/your-user-name/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico

If your crash is reproducible with a particular project or set of steps, please also include the steps needed to reproduce the crash, and ideally the project, MusicXML or MIDI file you need to reproduce the problem along with your problem report.

Hope it helps!