"Replace audio in video" again

Wasn’t that function gone after C10.5?? On the Steinberg Help page there is a explanation to how you can do that but I can’t find it on C12. Is the Help page outdated?
Thank you,
~J

“Replace Audio in Video File” has been replaced by Video exporting. You can read more about it in this section of the manual:

Hi @Lhotse , Basically, you can (kinda) do that in C12, but it’s not really “replacing the audio”, it’s more like re-rendering the entire video and adding the audio mix on the way.

Maybe you’d like to know that I wrote an App that specializes in replacing audio in any kind of video and much more, it even integrates into Cubando’s Post Process section in the Export Audio MixDown window. If you’d like to check it out, Google search MediaER Pro or ER Media ToolKit (which is the complete bundle that includes MediaER). there’s also a 21 days ,fully functional trial, that you can take advantage of before you decide if it is worth purchasing.

Thanks so much guys.

1 Like

Old thread I know…

But, was wondering if there’s anything on this topic that your ER Media ToolKit could take other advantage of (particularly the Cubase/Nuendo post-process mechanism and/or batch jobs streamlining) now that there’s a specific ‘Replace Audio in Video’ function within C13’s export window (negating the need for re-render of the entire video, etc…).?

I like to keep an eye on your work - so can I also ask do you have any other updates planned to include/exploit the recent ffmpeg v6.1 release.? Many more encoders and decoders there now (Cubase is so limited in this), hardware use of decoding acceleration, and more… :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Puma0382 ,
The latest ER Media ToolKit (Pro version), supports many things you can benefit from, such as batch video conversion, batch audio replacing, adding uncompressed audio streams into h264 videos, hardware encoding on both Mac and PC, and much more.
I’ll be happy to hear what you believe is worthwhile in FFmpeg 6.x that is not already included in the existing ER Media ToolKit 2.
Note that you can update the FFmpeg version manually at any time on any system if you think it works better. You can contact me in person if you want to learn how.
Regardless, there’s an unreleased update that should be out in about a month. It is not a “game-changer,” but it includes some fixes, some new features, and improvements to existing features. Again, let me know if you want to have it before the public release, and I’ll send you a link.

All the best,
Sagi

1 Like

Thanks for the response @Sagi

I am aware of these other features/abilities of ER Media ToolKit you mention, from past try-outs.

I’ve largely been using Shutter Encoder for my limited use cases over these past months. Not quite as elegant in operation as ER Media TK, but it is suiting my needs.

I think an update to latest FFmpeg comes standard with SE installs. I haven’t checked in a good while. And no, there’s nothing specific in v6 making demands of me personally.

Really, was just fishing for news/your thoughts.

Thanks for your kind offer of an early view of your upcoming update. Will bear in mind, whilst I await a new project (being filmed 8th Dec) comes over to me before Christmas (gives me time to experiment).

Hi, @Puma0382

The reason I’m not constantly (regularly) updating the FFmpeg assets, is that often it brings more problems than good. For some reason, FFmpeg releases break existing processes, so if there’s no significant new feature that we can benefit from, I don’t see any reason to take the chance or spend days going through all processes to ensure nothing got broken before releasing it with my Toolkit.

From what I have experienced, Shutter Encoder guys don’t really do all-feature QC/QA every time they add a newer FFmpeg version. Therefore, I’ve found more than one process that doesn’t work in Shutter Encoder and produces errors. As a user, I find it extremely frustrating, but it could be that you are not really “pushing” it to see those bugs.

By the way, Shutter Encoder is still far slower than ER Media TK, even though the ER Media TK uses earlier FFmpeg assets. If you only use it for limited things and only once in a while, you probably didn’t notice it.

All the best,
Sagi

1 Like