Replaced audio bug

This is the second post with the second bug I’ve discovered today. This one is more frustrating and concerning than the last, as it renders Cubasis completely unreliable for me, which is disappointing as it is where I do all of my recording and mixing now.

During a recording session today, I was recording my guitar part.

1. I recorded a full take of guitar that was the length of the song.

2. I then split areas of the guitar region where I wanted to replace mistakes by punching in, and I dragged the newly split region handles to makes space for 3 ‘punch-in’ takes.

3. I recorded 3 new audio regions over these 3 gaps to replace mistakes in the original recording.

4. I highlighted all of the guitar audio regions together, as I wanted to check if it was possible to normalise them all together, as I couldn’t remember if this was possible.

5. I accidentally moved all of these highlighted regions on the timeline.

6. I pressed ‘Undo’ to move the audio back to where it should be

7. All of the audio regions except the first one were replaced by the ‘Guitar (3)’ audio file!!

8. I pressed ‘redo’ hoping that this would reverse the bug. It didn’t

9. I pressed ‘undo’ 5 or 6 times, but Cubasis treated these audio regions like they were the correct ones and just moved them around.

10. I checked the trash, and the missing audio files were not there.

Please look into this. I love using Cubasis, and appreciate the hard work you guys put in to making it a great piece of software, but reliability is so important, and bugs like this are critically bad for workflow, and could cause wasted time and embarrassment, as I use Cubasis to record and produce other people’s work too.

Aside from niggles like this, Cubasis is a pleasure to use, so thank you for making it, and consistently developing it. It’s appreciated.

Many thanks, and I hope you’re having a great day,

Dan

I think I’ve identified the problem because it’s just happened again:

Cubasis seems to be naming each newly recorded region of audio ‘Guitar (3)’ so the previously recorded file is being overwritten every time I record another take!

Because of this, the timeline shows that the audio is there, but when I press ‘undo’ Cubasis refreshes the regions and replaces all of the regions with a copy of the most recent one.

The only workaround is to rename each audio region when it’s recorded, so that it doesn’t get overwritten when I press record again by another ‘Guitar (3)’ file.

Hi Dancore,

Sorry for youre circumstance !

1. I recorded 3 new audio regions over these 3 gaps to replace mistakes in the original recording.

In wich way you recorded the 3 new audio regions

1. I highlighted all of the guitar audio regions together, as I wanted to check if it was possible to normalise them >all together, as I couldn’t remember if this was possible.

That’s not possible.

Undo for editing audio files in the past works only, if the crawled audio file is opened inside the audio editor.

For absolutly secret recordings in the future:
Open the reorded file in the audio editor and hit the “save to media” button.
Then the file is saved inside the audio folder and available there forever.

It is not clear in your description in wich way you did youre steps exactly.
We are happy to find a clear repro to kill the recorded audio files forever.

We are searching and inform you if we had a repro.

thanks
jan

Hi Dancore

Cubasis seems to be naming each newly recorded region of audio ‘Guitar (3)’ so the previously recorded file is being >overwritten every time I record another take!

it’s not reproducible here.

It would be very interesting to find a way to repo the following situation,

"Cubasis seems to be naming each newly recorded region of audio ‘Guitar (3)’

If I follow your description I got “vocal (1)”, “vocal (2)” and “vocal (3)” region etc.
with punch in/out recording over the origin file “vocal”

I am searching

best
jan