REQUEST: Channel Settings Edit window integration into MixConsole (incl. PICTURES)

(THIS IS A RE-POST OF MY AUGUST REQUEST AS THERE IS NO OPTION FOR ME TO EDIT SO I COULD SHOW THE PICTURES I AM INCLUDING NOW…unfortunately, I have no option how to delete the old post, sorry)

It would be great, if we could choose to have Channel Editor (e) instead of Racks in MixConsole, that would automatically follow selected track (but there could be an option to not follow too). If that option would be selected by user (Channel Settings Editor integrated window instead of the Racks), it might be good to disable the (e) button for all tracks in MixConsole.

And because there is so wide area available, it could actually save one TAB (Equaliser), cos now it could simply place them all in the one tab (Channel Strip) and it could even be displaying the detailed view for compressors and EQ right away (exactly because of the same reason: a lot of space there…previously occupied by all the racks themselves).

What I mean is to have the (e) window spread across the all available rack-space in MixConsole, cos in some situations I find it much more convenient having this view compared to Racks.

Also: if one is in MixConsole view (F3) and the Channel Edit was previously opened in the Edit view, it would automatically change/integrate into this setup/view (2nd image).

On the other hand, if one is in RACKS view option and would click on the (e) icon, in such case the RACKS view would stay as is - that is would not changed to EDITOR view, but instead separate Chanel Editor window would open just the way we have it now.

There could/would also be a tiny change in the view MixConsole setup menu (see below in pictures), where CHANNEL RACKS option would change into two othe roptions, so that one could chose if he want RACKS or EDITOR.

So I made a fictional POSSIBLE LOOK of such solution below.

5 Likes

Interesting. Literally just yesterday I was thinking the Channel Settings should be an item in the Lower Zone of the Project Window.

Currently I often park the Channel Settings Window on top of the MixConsole Racks where you are suggesting. And if you set it to be Always on Top it behaves pretty much like you want.

I wish they’d make it all work like Supervision where you can arrange GUI elements however you like.

4 Likes

Yea, BUT it is not using whole available space that is occupied by racks, thus it is still that rather tiny window + you still do not see the full EQ view when you are in the strip tab of the Chanel Edit window - my solution would solve all of that…and there would literally be no need to have Racks under that Channel Edit window as with what I am suggesting all the Racks functions would be available as well. :wink:

1 Like

Just pointing out what is possible right now in case you don’t want to wait for some potential future update that may or may not occur

Sure, I know about that cos I am doing it exactly that way right now just like you do, but having it abovementioned way would be much better I would say