Request: Copy Percussion Techniques between instruments in kit

I have a request. Several times now, I have had to add an instrument to the percussion kit. Ultimately this instrument is a duplicate or secondary instrument of one that already exists. In some of the cases the original instrument has 12+ techniques defined, with the appropriate note heads. It takes a lot of time to create those techniques and getting the same note heads again.

The memory is not very good these days, and it would be great to either be able to print a list of the techniques and note heads. Or copy the techniques from another instruments.

Another idea, would to be able to right click on the instrument in the kit editor and select “duplicate” or copy. Allowing me to then move the copied instrument somewhere else on the staff. Copied with all techniques and note heads.

Thank you for considering,

Robby

Is this something that the Edit Instruments dialog allows you to do? Define a custom percussion instrument, or edit a factory instrument’s default settings, so each time you add that instrument, it has your customizations?

Oooh… Lillie, I did not think of that. Let me play around with it. That might be a great solution to this.

Thank you! I’ll keep you posted.

Robby

1 Like

Alternatively, duplicate the kit, then extract the relevant instrument, bring that back into your original kit, and delete the duplicate?

That’s another great suggestion, Lillie!

Thank you for the ideas. Still haven’t had time to check out either idea. But hopefully soon I will.

Robby

1 Like