Request for Tempo display (small)

This is so minor, and with all of the other things needing to be tackled, I am sorry to even bring this up.

But, can the dash between tempo ranges be a little smaller, and add just a touch more space before the start and end of the dash?
Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 10.37.31 AM.png
Here is one from Finale. While I like so much more the font and look in Dorico, I do prefer a little more space. Maybe not a large as this one, but certainly bigger than what Dorico does now.
Screen Shot 2018-04-08 at 10.50.49 AM.png
Robby

I think both are wrong. Dorico looks like an m-dash and Finale looks like a hyphen. It ought to be an n-dash. And an n-dash does not take a space before or after although it does look unbalanced when the second item is a 1.

In doing research, I think you are correct. It should be a en dash.

However, despite what is correct punctuation needs, I would still like the ability add maybe a little more space between numbers and the dash. I think the dash gets too close to the first number and would like a little more visual separation.

Robby

A little bit off topic, but this reminds me of the issue I have with hyphens in french that I could not add in my lyrics with the Academico font — problem solved now.
Unfortunately I don’t think the route I used could help (changing the font to Linux Libertine O and inputting the hyphen, or short unbreakable space with an Unicode value), because that en dash seems to be input directly by Dorico…
The devs might have a solution for this :wink:

I will make a note of this, and we’ll plan to provide an option to specify what the separator in a tempo range should be in future.

Oh, and by the way, the character currently used is indeed an en-dash (U+2013).

Deep down I knew Daniel would have used an en-dash just because it’s the right thing to do.

I think Robby’s original plea was about spacing as much as the dash size.

Indeed it was. But it is such a small issue, I thought it was barely worth bringing up.

Robby