Request: global "erase background" for all dynamics

I’d really like the ability in Engraving Options to set the “Erase background” property for all dynamics in the score (not hairpins, I mean, but the ones that can already include that property).

At present I filter-select all dynamics flow-by-flow and toggle the property. A global option would be much preferred. I always want to erase background for dynamics, especially for dynamics suffixes.

5 Likes

In the meantime, quasi lontano would probably fit inside the barline. :grin:

2 Likes

Definitely! Why right in plain English when you can say something exotic? I’m going to go to channel my inner Percy Dearmer now.

*loudens muchly

2 Likes

This has been requested before and is on our backlog for possible future implementation.

4 Likes

Thanks Daniel, sorry to duplicate the request.

Shouldn’t that read “Percy Grainger”?

1 Like

Oops… indeed! I’ll leave the post as it is so no one takes me too seriously…

I was thinking more Percy Weasley. Why write accel when you can write “Gryffindors keep up!”.

Definitely second the request; maybe some system like the control over graphics in custom techniques, where we can specify order (fore-, middle-, and background)?

Where exactly do we stand on this subject as of today ?

There’s been no change with this. You can hack in a shortcut, use a macro program, or something like a Stream Deck if you want. I just this week added Erase Background for both dynamics and chords to mine.

You can also wait until you’re done writing, Select All, Filter for Dynamics, and click Erase Background to do it all at once too.

True enough about the filter, but when using condensing, the amalgamated dynamics are new. They are “detached” detached from their individual iterations and therefore can only be accessed in Engrave mode. “Select more” can then be used, but every staff has to be done separately which becomes a bit of a PITA.

1 Like