Request: Naming in audio export

It would be useful to specify a filename in audio export. I’m making SATB quide tracks by muting three of the parts in turn, but have to go to the file to rename each one so it is not overwritten.

1 Like

In the fullness of time we plan to provide similar control for the filenames of exported audio (and MIDI and MusicXML etc.) as we currently provide for exported graphics.

1 Like

The complication with this kind of thing (which applies to 90% of my audio export) is that I need S+pf, A+pf, T+pf, B+pf, SATB+pf. Is there likely to be any way to select this kind of thing from export all in one go, with relevant filenames?

Hello Daniel and Steve,
In addition to this request I would like to ask for options to change the bit resolution and the sample rate for the exported audio files.
Would be nice if we can work for example in 32-bit float and 48kHz (or higher), and then to export .wav at 24-bit / 44.1kHz…
or about the .mp3 export to change the bit rate between 128, 192, 256, 320 CBR
These are important things.

I hope you would do something to improve this! :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz

Yes, we plan to add further options for bit depth etc. to audio export in future.

It would be also very great option to be able to export only a selected part[s] of the score. For all of us working with electronics! Probably not a very hard thing? Should I mention OSC protocol or its too early!

maronid hello,
I’ve already did a request that covers your needs. You can check it here: [FR]:L/R Locators and Loop Area in Dorico - Dorico - Steinberg Forums
Probably the team will implement this functions, too :slight_smile:

Best regards,
Thurisaz