Request: New Stereo Tools Plugin

Hi PG …

One of the many things I really like about WL is the way it elegantly handles many basic mastering functions.

The plugins within Stereo Tools are examples of this.

I have been wondering if you could possibly develop a new stereo tool which would allow a simple ‘blend’ function: that is, blending the processed sound of any plugs before it with the unprocessed original track.

So, that at zero, there would be just the original, unprocessed track signal, and at ‘100’ there would be 100% processed signal.

Forgive me if this is already there and I have missed it somehow.

Thank you again for a magnificent DAW.

Are you speaking specifically about Mid/Side processing, or more generally about a way to dose any effect depth?

Sounds like you’re talking about parallel processing… One simple way to accomplish this now in WL8: dupe your montage track, delete the plugs, and turn level waaaaaay down, then bring up as-needed. Put final limiters and overall effects in the new “master” section of the montage itself. Done.

Not quite as simple as a bus in PT, but close.

Thanks PG …

Not m/s. Just a way to dose effect depth.

Daved … Yes, I sometime use this. But it’s not a terribly elegant solution.

I would just like to be able to use the simple leveler plugin in the new montage master, instead of only the master section.

It seems like a simple request, but maybe I don’t understand some details behind the scenes.

I would just like to be able to use the simple leveler plugin in the new montage master, instead of only the master section.

You could simply use the input gain of the peak master plugin.

Effect morphing? ie Wavelabs solution to automation however PG has said this is going to be improved.

Or maybe I don’t understand what you are trying to achieve?

I guess I am looking to do what I used to be able to do through a transfer console: blend processed and unprocessed signal to taste with a single knob.

Even more simply: 100% wet through to 100% dry.

I find myself gradually doing something that I never thought I would be doing: moving to ITB mastering. I think George Massenburg was right (no surprises there I guess). And I guess I am just looking for the simple functions one tends to find on a transfer console.

Effect Morphing.
page 233.

But not a single knob…its in a graph form.

Thank you for pointing me to that.

I love that I can always learn something new about WL

When I have some time, I will explore the function in more detail.

Thanks, I’ll have to look at that plugin closer. I assumed it did some limiting or maximizing so I avoided it. The leveler looked more simple.