Dorico 3 is great but I miss a few things:
- I miss the possibility to control the distance between lines in the text. I would like to produce educational books. Usually, I prefer to increase the distance between lines with a percentage to make the main text easier to read.
- Possibility to make numbered and bulleted lists. Also, a feature needed for preparing the books directly in Dorico.
- Allowing to add parentheses around a single fingering (I would not be surprised if it is implemented, but then I can’t find out how to).
- Possibility to use different fonts for right- and left-hand fingerings. This is really frustrating to have a very fine UI, but not being able to use it because the house style uses two different fonts for right and left hand.
- Not as important as the above, but it would be great to be able to add extension lines to fingerings too.
- It could be great to be able to define and add user configurated extension lines for the “playing techniques” - but I guess it is already planned.
When being able to use the User Interface on the preferred house styles, Dorico is wonderful to work with.