Request re: tuplets and accidentals

Recent convert to Dorico (after using Finale for 20 years, since v3.7).
Huge fan of the work you’re doing.

I’d like to revive the request for this to be an option. These brackets in many cases are literally unnecessary, in the sense they are not needed by the intended readers of the music, regardless of the opinions of the Dorico team on whether they are necessary or not. A composer is more likely to know the expectations of the people who he is writing for, after all.

Having the only choices be either manually removing the offending brackets or a global “no brackets for you!” seems like an unnecessarily strict position to prevent what is clearly a viable standard (again as RichardC’s examples demonstrate, I think Schnabel’s Beethoven is plenty of evidence that there are differing valid opinions here). It’s fine that you make the brackets the default, but having one more option to allow unbracketed tuplets in a beamed group doesn’t seem like a huge ask.

In searching the forums, I did find at least one other person making the same request:

A comparison might be that you offer the option of reiterating all accidentals. This is clearly “wrong” in standard notation, but is obviously expected and useful for atonal music. There are many “right” ways to write something to suit the needs of different styles of music. Hebrew and Arabic vocal music is sometimes written right-to-left, is that wrong? My colleagues have already been asking if Dorico supports that, by the way.

Cheers,
Brian
OS10.14.2
Dorico 2.2.20