Request - Selection and Convert to Mono

Hi,

I have some request of things which used to be there in older Versions or which would be useful.

1. When selecting an area in the audio window and playing back audio, one could change the selection - and by pressing the 1 and 2 on the Num-Pad the playback would jump to the (changing) end of the selection.
    It’s a nice and quick way to find parts in audio files.
    Any better way ?

2. Another Function which was working in older Versions:
    With Shift-Clicking a selection could be made bigger… and smaller. Now with shift-Clicking outside the selection it’s indeed getting bigger - but not when clicking inside the selection. Now you have to click inside - let the mouse button go - and only then its’ working. Otherwise you move the selection. (A functions which is also available without shift-Key – and which i now stumble into accidently very often while editing)
    It would be more fluent working when useing the Shift-Key - would only in resulting in the selection-size-change
    (Working this way until Version 6)

3. Converting Stereo Files to Mono one loses the marker. I now render them to have the marker … but i think it makes no sence in losing the markers with this possible and quick function.

Wavelab 8 is really really nice btw . . no need for extra tools for the metadata etc …

Christoph

1. You can create shortcuts for this, with the new Transport bar (but different shortcuts than in WaveLab 6).
  2. and 3) are fixed in WaveLab 8.0.2

Philippe

Thanks!

Christoph

Hi Philipe,

while having fun working with WL8 I found another one:

I have a mono region with CD markers. When I select the whole file and convert to stereo, it kills the very first CD marker.

And wouldn’t it be more intuitive to be able to edit the marker name with a double-click on the marker ?

Thanks,
Christoph

I have a mono region with CD markers. When I select the whole file and convert to stereo, it kills the very first CD marker.

The first and last markers are excluded, indeed. But this is by design: when a new wave is created from a range, the boundary markers, if any, are not copied.

And wouldn’t it be more intuitive to be able to edit the marker name with a double-click on the marker ?

Double click at the right side of the marker, where the name lies.