Request "voice" indicator iPad version

When inputing 4 voices SATB into a piano stave I find it really tricky to figure out which voice is which, especially afterwards when it comes to editing. So, may I request that the voice selected is shown on a status line or something? I do find working with voices to be a bit of a pain, despite the usefulness of being able to show voice colours.

PS this would be useful for the desktop version too.

1 Like

The voice of a selected note should be shown in the status bar on the desktop already.

1 Like

Thanks Lille, I’m not at home just now and couldn’t remember if the desktop version had it or not. Anyway, I’m really looking fwd to version 4 - the only good news we can be certain of right now.

Hi @RobF
I must concur, even with the new colours menu implemented in Version 2.3 I find working with multiple voices confusing. Assigning the 1st two colours to the treble & bass clefs makes perfect sense to me, the subsequent random allocation of colours doesn’t. I end up with multiple colours in what I think is one voice.

It occurred to me that if the caret changed colour to indicate the colour of the voice you are using, that life would be a lot simpler.

1 Like

That’s a really good idea!

1 Like

I’d rather the subscript note symbol change color than the caret.

1 Like

Thanks!

Yeah, I did think of that as well, but thought it might be too difficult to implement. Maybe also with a subscript number added, to indicate the voice selected , if that’s possible.