Requests: the synchronisation between a score and its linked part

Dear ladies and gentlemen,

I have experienced two oddnesses of the synchronisation between a score and its linked part as follows:

1. The option “Hidden” of the “playing techniques” in the bottom panel.
    Please refer to < "hide play technique" in a score does not affect the linked part - Dorico - Steinberg Forums >.
  2. Dragging the position on the score does not affect the linked part and vice versa.

I do not know how the “propagate properties” will be changed, but I would like to suggest the followings:

1. Changing an option in properties by ALT + clicking causes “Automatic Propagate Properties”.
    Ex.:
  • Clicking “Hidden” on a score affects only the score.
  • Clicking “Hidden” on a part affects only the part.
  • Alt+Clicking “Hidden” on a score affects the score and its linked part.
  • Alt+Clicking “Hidden” on a part affects the part and its linked score.
  1. Dragging the position of items by ALT + clicking causes “Automatic Propagate Properties”.
    Ex.:
  • Dragging the position of items on a score affects only the score.
  • Dragging the position of items on a part affects only the part.
  • Alt+Dragging the position of items on a score affects the score and its linked part.
  • Alt+Dragging the position of items on a part affects the part and its linked score.

Additionally, it would be great if Dorico provides the following commands via keyboard shortcuts:

• Hide items on the current score or part
  • Hide items on the score and its linked part

I would like to know how the developers think about it.

Best regards,
prko

Thanks for your feedback. Please rest assured that we are giving a lot of thought to how best to handle this workflow, and we are planning to come up with a good way of making it clear via the Properties panel what the current scope of the properties-editing operation you are making will be, plus to make it possible to change this at edit-time. Propagate Properties is really intended as a stop-gap solution until a more extensible solution is in place.