Resampling questions

If I recall correctly, then saving under a different sampling frequency than the source file has, results in a resampling process using the crystal resampler algorithm in high quality mode.
This also works with “non-standard” source file frequencies (like e.g. 95684 Hz), which can e.g. be generated by manipulating the audio properties field in WL.
However, if I try to resample such a “non-standard” frequency source file using the crystal resampler plugin in a rendering process does not work, because the plugin does not accept non-standard source file sampling frequencies.
So, my questions are: Why does it work when I choose “save as”, but not when I use the crystal resampler plugin.
And: When using the “save as” function, is really the crystal resampler algorithm in high quality mode used, or is there some other algorithm applied?

The background is that I try to time stretch tape transfers which playback too fast (so pitch should also change). Wavelab’s time correction mode is so incredibly slow, that is why I want to achieve this by changing the sample rate in the audio properties field plus subsequent resampling to the original sampling frequency. I am just not sure about the quality of the applied resampling algorithm.

Thanks for any info on this.

By technical design, the Crystal Resampler is bound to certain resampling ratio. The Crystal Resampler is only used when a compatible resampling factor is used, else another algorithm (of lesser quality), is used.

Thanks PG.
So, what gives the best results if I want to correct wrong tape speed in the digital domain?
The time correction algorithm in highest quality mode? Will this give better results than changing sampling frequency in the audio properties dialog and then resample by saving under the original sample rate?

Well, I don’t know. The Time Correction engine (DIRAC) wad advertised to have an improved Resampler engine (the version in 7.2.1), so maybe that’s the best solution. But to have a definitive answer, one would need to make measurements.