RESCAN WARNING .clocks have changed

Hi all,

Well I really must have dodged a bullet here 'cos, even though my clock was on auto reset, I haven’t seen a rescan or had any problems with this like the rest of you guys :astonished:

Perhaps its because I loaded Windows 8.1??

Phew!!!

Jim B

Just out of interest, how many plugins do you guys have in your machines?! I have quite a bunch, including waves bundles and loads of NI sample collections and synths, but rescanning took only 2 minutes…

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I’ve got all the UAD plugs (in Mono and Stereo) and a whole bunch of freebie plugs, plus sundry others. I just counted them roughly using the plugin window and it’s about 410 plugins… I actually use most of them or at least I’ll audition say several chorus plugins and pick the best for the material, so I don’t want cut them down.

Now, if each plugin takes 4 seconds to be scanned, which seems to me to be about right when I look at the splash screen, then that’s 25 minutes. Well, I mentioned it took 15 minutes earlier in the thread, but tbh I went and did something else so I can’t be certain either way.

Perhaps this is an unusual number of plugins, or perhaps Steinberg beta testers don’t have this number so they don’t appreciate the problem?

Mike.