Reset Cubasis to defaults via settings?

I’m currently beta testing an Audio Unit Extension that is currently causing Cubasis to crash when trying to open it. Which means Cubasis is totally unavailable to me at the moment. Have you considered a switch in the settings pane that would reset Cubasis to defaults on next open.

This Is exactly how this issue is solved in GarageBand iOS

Hi realdavidai,

Thanks for your message.

So far Cubasis does not include a reset to default option.
In the case of unreliable behaviour, Cubasis normally creates a default project when relaunching the app.

Please give it a try to power down the iPad followed by a restart and let me know if this helps to solve the issue.

I will make sure to add your feature request to our backlog.

Best,
Lars

Hi Lars,
Yes I did try powering off and restarting the iPad then restarting Cubasis. It still immediately quits. So a plugin has now effectively banned Cubasis from my iPad :open_mouth: :smiley:

I think this may happen more and more as Audio Unit Extensions become more popular. I would suggest a bit of urgency in addressing this particular wrinkle.

Hi realdavidai,

If the problem persists, please do the following:

• Perform a Cubasis backup via iTunes File Sharing*
  • Delete the app and reinstall Cubasis

We will evaluate the reset option to be added to the app related iOS settings for the upcoming Cubasis 2 update.

Hope that helps.

Best,
Lars

_* Please have a look at the MediaBay chapter of the Cubasis in-app help to learn more about the iTunes File Sharing method to backup your files. iTunes File Sharing can be used regardless if the app has been launched or not. Next to the offline in-app help version included in Cubasis, we have an additional online help version available at: http://www.steinberg.net/fileadmin/files/PRODUCTS/Apps/Cubasis/Cubasis_Help/Index.html_