Resolution/Video/monitor/display and plugin GUI issues FIXED

Hi there,

I ran into some issues, and found a solution. Figured I’d post it here, maybe it’ll be of some help to someone else at some point.

I had a lot of trouble with GUI’s for some plugins loading extremely slow. After the latest Windows 10 update (Build 19042.1052) for some plugins the process of loading the plugin could take up to 2 minutes! Some plugins have the option to disable OpenGL, but to no avail.

Then a friend called who had issues with naming channels in Nuendo (He could in some instances not name certain channels). After getting a new monitor, the problem went away, and that got me thinking it might be graphics card/driver related.

I run two main display monitors on a 2560 × 1440 resolution, and a TV screen hooked up to HDMI at 1920 × 1080. Disconnecting the HDMI and all my problems went away and plugins would load quickly again.

Afterwards I decided to update my drivers (they weren’t necessarily very out of date, but it couldn’t hurt right?) and after doing this, rebooting, and hooking my HDMI back up, the problem did not come back.

I’m not sure if it was just the varying resolutions, whether this is Windows related, a Nuendo problem or plugin related, but I’d recommend trying this if you have similar problems, who knows, it might help you out!

Cheers,

3 Likes

I’d like to add it has a lot to do with Windows ‘scaling’ settings. When running different resolutions and setting Windows scaling options, plugins can take ages to load.

I came across an article describing issues with OpenGL and Windows’ scaling features, so it might actually be that.

Cheers!