[Resolved] Beyond frustrated trying to upgrade to 2.0

I’ve just spent two hours trying to upgrade to Dorico 2.0, and it’s been an incredibly frustrating experience.

First of all, Steinberg appears to have lost all my passwords. After several false starts and exchanged emails, I finally got logged into the store and ordered the upgrade.

When I downloaded it, they sent me a Windows exe file to download the software, but I’m a Mac guy. I’ve gone back to the website to see if there is somewhere I should have indicated Mac vs Windows, but I didn’t see anything.

Anyone else have a similar problem?

[Edited] OK, finally got it all done, but it took me three hours, including a significant amount of time with an extraordinarily helpful guy in the Online Chat screen. Had problems with the activation key not working, and he replaced it with a new one for me.

Kind of made me crazy, but now that I’m exploring the new features, I’m starting to feel a lot better. :slight_smile:

See screenshot for what I see, and where to find it.
Steinberg did not “send” me a windows file, or a mac file. It presented me with two files, one labelled sda-mac and one labelled sda-win. I suppose these could be more clearly labelled, but it’s obvious enough to me…

Here’s the link to Steinberg Download Assistant: Steinberg Download Assistant | Steinberg

The OSX version is available there. After downloading, install it and then run it to see all the available downloads.

I’d download the Dorico 2 application installer first (398mb)

If you want to upgrade Halion Sonic SE it can be downloaded too. I’m pretty sure HSO is the same as before (I had the bandwidth, so I installed it fresh just to cleanup.)

Assuming you received your activation code, you can upgrade your license with elcc and you’ll be in business.

HTH,
-T

P.S. Additional Info on Dorico 2 playback sounds here: About Dorico 2 sound libraries - Dorico - Steinberg Forums

Does anyone know whether this is correct?

David

Yes, it is correct.

Thank you, Daniel!

If proof were needed of the value of upgrading Dorico, as opposed to some other programs I use, this reply (straight from the horse’s mouth, and with a latency of only 1 minuute) is it…

David