[RESOLVED]Chorder Presets Missing in Cubase Pro 8

Hi guys,
I can’t seem to find my Chorder presets in my Cubase 8. I upgraded from Cubase 7.5.3 a few months ago. I lost some of settings and set up. But I’m slowly working my way through it and so far so good. :slight_smile:

Now I find that I can’t select a preset in the MIDI insert Chorder. I have noticed this issue from the Cubase 7 forum and tried to follow that advice but that folder (C:/User//AppData/Roaming/Cubase 7/Presets) doesn’t exist in Cubase 8. Of course the xml files are present in the installation folder
c:\Program Files\Steinberg\Cubase 8\Presets\Chorder. So, something seems to have happened when I upgraded.

Any ideas on how I can get the presets to appear?

Thanks for reading ♫♪♫

For anyone following along… because I know how frustrating this can be! I would have loved this yesterday! :wink: Here’s what I did…

Losing presets can happen when you upgrade to a new version of Cubase, which in my case is Cubase Pro 8. However, this can apply to any version.
So, when you load a MIDI insert you may find that there are no presets available.

It is all about the roaming data account in Windows (sorry not a Mac user but the principle is the same) in particular the AppData folder, which is normally hidden.
Open the Run dialogue and type %AppData% and hit enter.
Go into Steinberg folder and into Cubase8_64. Now compare the contents of the preset folder with the folder in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\etc, where ever you installed it and you should notice the difference…

Anyway, here is an excellent YouTube video that shows you exactly what I did but for Cubase 7. I applied this to Cubase 8 and all is working for me!

Here is the link

Thanks to FinishYourSong.com :sunglasses:

All Steady As She Goes! ♫♪♫

1 Like