[resolved] Cubase 13.0.30 can’t change Sample rate

I can’t change Project sample rate in my template from 44.1 to 96 kHz in Cubase Pro 13.0.30, Cubase hangs every time.
The same happens if I try to change the sample rate via the Studio window and the device control panel.

Have to import a 44.1 Cubase project into Nuendo 12, then change the Sample rate to 96 kHz in Nuendo, then save as .cpr file and then open that 96 kHz .cpr file in Cubase and save as 96 template. Bummer.
I have never tried to change sample rate before in Cubase.

Anyone else?

/Mac Studio Max M1, Sonoma 14.3.1
Apollo x8p, UR-RT4

Had this happen to me on PC as well.

Check if sync to external is disabled.

I don’t quite get it.

In both Cubase Pro 13 and Nuendo 12 if I go to Studio=> Studio Setup=>Audio System-UA Thunderbolt it says ”Clock Source”: Internal and the square for ”Externally Clocked” is unticked.

So same settings in Cubase and Nuendo, same computer.

Is this what you mean st10ss?

If I load a 44.1 cpr file into Cubase 13 when set to 96, Cubase will hang and I must use a forced termination in Finder.

The same will happen if I open a 96 cpr file in Cubase when set to 44.1.

In Nuendo 12 this does not happen, works as expected.

The settings in Cubase 13 and Nuendo 12 are identical when it comes to audio device and ASIO guard and what not in the Studio Setup window.

Yes. That was the obvious suggestion regarding such problems.

Normally if you open a project file, the audio interface should follow to the project sample rate automatically.
If that fails with 96kHz, I could imagine that there is a plugin in control room that can’t work with 96kHz. Or maybe something similar. Just another idea…

1 Like

Yes, you are right!
I did try before with removed plugins but it turned out I had forgotten the Sound ID plugin in Cubase’s Control room. Removing that did the trick.
Of course there was no Sound ID in Nuendo’s Control room… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:
So I’m very grateful st10ss, thanks!

It happend to me too.